The Higher Education Commission (HEC) in Islamabad is pleased to announce the National Research Program for Universities (NRPU) 2023. Faculty members from HEC-recognized public and private universities and degree-awarding institutions (DAIs) are invited to submit proposals for basic and applied research. Successful projects will be awarded up to 20 million rupees in funding. Don’t miss this valuable opportunity to receive support for your research project. Apply now and make an impact on Pakistan’s higher education system.
NUMS NRPU Jobs 2023 Registration Deadline:
Awards under the National Research Program for Universities (NRPU) will be based solely on merit. This research program of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) provides funding for promising, high-quality, and strategically relevant scientific research projects with the potential for real-world impact on local industry and society. Take advantage of this great opportunity and apply now to get the funding you need to make your research project a reality.
NUMS NRPU Jobs 2023 Registration Deadline
In order to be eligible for funding under the NRPU, the principal investigator (PI) must meet the following criteria:
• The PI must be a faculty member (Ph.D., FCPS, MCPS, or FRCS) working on either a regular or contract basis in any public or private higher education institution (HEI) in Pakistan.
• To ensure the smooth execution of the proposed project, it is mandatory that the contract duration be at least equal to, if not greater than, the duration of the project. Additionally, please note that the principal investigator (PI) is permitted to hold only one NRPU grant at a time.
• MS/MPhil in Biological Sciences with a strong educational background in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Pharmacy, or Physiology;
• PhD (enrolled) students in NUMS postgraduate program Pay Packages:
• A competitive monthly salary of Rs. 48,000/- Duration of Contract:
• One (01) year, with potential to extend the contract for up to two further years upon satisfactory performance.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to apply online for open positions at NUMS through our job portal at http://careers.numspak.edu.pk/. The last date for submission of applications is 12-03-2023. Please ensure that your application is complete and accurate, as incomplete applications will be rejected. For any questions regarding the application process, please contact our Director of Human Resources at NUMS Secretariat, C/O Pak Emirates Military Hospital (PEMH), The Mall, Rawalpindi Cantt. You may reach them at 051-517-0459.
To submit an application for the NRPU Call for Proposals, the PI must use the provided template and include all necessary documents. The proposal must also be endorsed by the Head of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORICs) or head of research at the respective higher education institution (HEI). For detailed information on proposal submission requirements and evaluation procedures, please refer to the Call for Proposals Guidance available at http://www.hec.gov.pk/site/nrpu. Should you have any further queries, please contact the HEC online portal for research at research.hec.gov.pk.